Publié le by NmNomador
France a many-faceted country : discover it by house-sitting!
Home-sitting in a French house
Whether Breton, Parisian, Corsican, Norman, Provencal, Basque, Alsatian, Burgundian, Savoyard, all are French, although very different. Regional differences are strong. Every region has its own customs, character and lifestyles. Home-sitting is a way to explore cultural variety, whether in the cities or in the countryside. Owners who look for house-sitters often reside in typical regional properties, full of character. You could find yourself house-sitting a mas in Provence, an old farmhouse in Brittany, a chalet in the Alpes, or a villa on the Côte d'Azur. It’s simple why French people seek home-minders. First, their home needs to be lived in and cared for. Second, the garden needs to be tended. Last but not least, French families are attached to their pets and want them looked after.
Advantages of house-sitting in France
- Discover new regions that are totally different without travelling long distances (did you know that France is smaller than Texas?)
- Experience different regions by extending your stay in France
- Come back year after year, and enjoy a new experience every time
- Learn to recognise a few of the 400 varieties of French cheese!
- Learn to cook French recipes using local produce
- Create new and enriching bonds of friendship
Things you’ll love about France
- Long walks along the Brittany coastline
- Discovering the calanques (coves and inlets) of Cassis
- Eating at a traditional bouchon restaurant in Lyon Old Town
- Tasting the gingerbread at an Alsatian Christmas Market
- Hesitating over whether to buy a croissant or a baguette every morning at breakfast
- Visiting the Château at Versailles
- Having your picture taken with Mont Saint Michel in the background
- Hiking in the hinterland of Nice
- Buying pottery from Vallauris
- Dining out in the Old Port in Marseille
- Letting Max run free in the vineyards of Beaujolais
View our house-sitting opportunities in France.