Publié le by NmNomador
Paris, world’s leading tourist destination, now at your reach!
House-sitting in Paris
When they go away, Parisians often need people to care for their pets - as do homeowners in Île-de-France - and the Paris "banlieue" offers opportunities that are only 15 minutes by the fast RER suburban rail to Paris centre. There’s a big demand in and around the French capital, especially during the summer months! Because French house-sitters are not keen on staying near the capital during their summer holiday, competition is not as high as the rest of the year in and around Paris, and that opens many possibilities to international house-sitters!
You may dream about house-sitting in a central Paris home and you may find one, from time to time. This will probably be an apartment with a cat or maybe a dog.
However, there are also excellent rail and subway connections to the suburbs, where you can look after a house and a garden. Only 15 to 20 minutes away from Paris city centre there are quiet attractive suburban centres such as Neuilly, Asnières, Levallois, Saint Cloud, Colombes, Montreuil, etc. Why not consider these opportunities?
With the RER or metro it is sometimes easier to get to Paris centre from a remote arrondissement, and many Parisians have made the choice to move outside the city.
Advantages of house-sitting in the Paris region
- Spend several weeks in or close by a city where prices of standard tourist accommodation are high.
- Save money or have fun spending it on visiting more museums and eating out more frequently instead.
Useful tips for house-sitters in Paris
- Discover the best apps for getting around the city
- Use the best websites for making local friends or visit the city with locals
- Explore our favorite cafés and co-working places
- Discover French Life Style beyond the cliché, thanks to our friends at MyFrenchLife.org