Nomador Stopovers offer community members the option of a Stopover while travelling. They are offered to help develop international friendships between members of the Nomador community.
If you are willing to host a traveller from another country for a night or two, you can list a Stopover for your home.
- 150 - 500 m² (1590 - 5290 sq. ft.)
- 200 - 1000 m² (2110 - 1060 sq. ft.)
- Bus stop
- Railway station
Comfort and Luxury
The kitchen/dining area, the family room and the main BR all have tv. We have wired and wireless internet available throughout the house. We live next door to a park which is both an off-lead dog's park as well as including a decent-sized children's playground.
Tourism and Leisure
- visit the National Gallery of Victoria in Melb City which always a has a BIG winter exhibition of international standard apart from the regular exhibitions.
- attend a sporting event at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (affectionately known as the Gee) From March through till September that would be an Aussie rules football match. It's not only a tribal experience to watch the crowd and hear it roar around the stadium, but the football is fast-paced with lots of action and cute athletic young men in shorts! ;-) In summer that might be a cricket match or attending the Australian Open Tennis Championships. But the Tennis isn't at the Gee!
- visit the Yarra Valley or Mornington Peninsula wineries or both.
- head down to Portsea (Mornington Peninsula) and take a ferry across to the opposite Bellarine Peninsula and back. The dolphins in the bay are often to be seen following along!
- attend one of the many musicals ballet and opera performances in the city
- drink coffee everywhere you go and vie with the locals in finding the best coffee outside Italy, France or wherever!
- eat out frequently as you will find any kind of cuisine in Melbourne!
- take the kids to Scienceworks where they can try all manner of things and learn without realising
- drive to Healesville and visit the Healesville Sanctuary where you can meet many of the indigenous fauna of Australia.Yes kangaroos and koala bears are a feature!
Blackburn North, Victoria, Australia
Registered since 26/01/2015