We are looking for a couple only (we don't care about sexual orientation or skin colours) who is reliable, open minded, has a good sense of humour, smells nice, likes clean spaces, is able to accept different life styles and likes to stay in our slightly unfinished, quirky, but beautiful town house for one year.
The house has a few unfinished corners: : the ground floor is a huge workshop/storage instead of an apartment, the kitchen has only a two-plate electrical hob (but a stove), there is no TV and no dishwasher, but 2 bicycles for you to use, the stairs are still a little...ehm ... different, but there are small arty things all over the place (which you might like or not).
While you are staying in our house, we will be in New Zealand where we work. We have left Greece in Feb 2020 for 3 months and were not able to return to Greece (Corona and New Zealand's quarantine rules made it impossible). There are house sitters in the house at the moment (the bar is high!), but they have to move on because of unforeseen circumstances. They would like to leave in mid July. You would take over from them (they know the house and cats by now better than we do) and we would kindly ask you to rent for the first 1-2 days of your stay in Lefkada a separate accomodation, so that there is enough time to give you a good introduction to everything around house, the cats and surroundings.
The house comes with a cleaner. We'd like to support her with this micro job and are happy to pay for her work. She comes every second week and cleans the house, she is also owner of an additional key and would look for a max of 2 nights/3 days after the cats if you want to go away for short trips. The payment for this would have to be arranged by you.
We are hoping to be able to come back in early May 2022, but need a little bit of flexibility around that date - it's all depending on Covid and New Zealands 'managed isolation facility' policy. If we are not able to get to Greece, we would like you to stay until the end of June, if possible - so it would be great if there was a little bit of flexibilty around the leaving-date.
Before you apply:
- we will only take a couple. There are reasons for it and it has certainly nothing to do with believing that a single woman couldn't do it perfectly. We have received quite a few angry emails in the past about this decision and I would like you to simply respect it.
- Please keep in mind that you are applying for a Greek island. Noisy and busy in summer, but quite deserted and not much going on for the rest of the year. Shops and cafes closed, people away. It is small and many people find it very boring.
- Please ask us a few questions and tell us a little bit about yourself. We are also very curious what you would do in the long and boring winter on a wet Greek Island!
Needs and Animals
- My pets
- Many plants
- 2 cats
- There are plants and cacti to water. Daily in summer (not the cacti), every 2-3 days in winter. Watering them all takes about an hour. We are also looking after the neighbours plants.
- Keeping the road space in front of the house rubbish-free and tidy and making sure that the rain water can run off along the house.
- It would be great if you can cope with a slightly unfinished house and not store or prepare meat/fish in the house.
- Because we were intially planning to be away for only 3 months (and not years), our personal bedroom is not ready/available for accomodating guests and we would like you to arrange other accomodation if you are expecting visitors. There is an AirBnB right behind the house and many round the corner.
- The ground floor is a workshop/work in process and it's great if you want to use it for your own art or craft projects. However, it is also our storage room and we'd like you to be respectful with our personal belongings.
- Any experiences with worm farms are welcomed!
Please note that I will use the "decline" button provided by this website if I do not want to invite someone to become our house sitter. I will not personalise messages (and I certainly would not like to get angry emails again because of that).
- 50 - 150 m² (530 - 1590 sq. ft.)
- No land/balcony
- Bus stop
Winter is a very quiet time here, many restaurants and shops are closed.
And now a lot of words of warning: Please note that this is a town house in the middle of a greek town center. Think occasional scooters, noisy people, screaming cats. Our road is too narrow for cars, garbage has to be taken to public garbage bins, the sewage system is ... well. Power outages are common. We are surrounded by bars and restaurants (they have air conditions and guests and outdoor music from spring to autumn). We also have an open air theatre in front of the house, having plays and movies during the summer months (and you have free VIP seats on the balcony or terrace :)).
However, all our windows have shutters and double glazing. The house is renovated, has two bathrooms and two balconies, livingroom/kitchen area, guest room, our bed room (not available) and a 'workshop', underfloor heating and air-condition - but is not perfectly furnished - please take a look at the pictures (more still to come). There are a lot of things we don't have: no TV, no garage, no car access, no dish washer. We live vegetarian and would kindly like to ask you not to use our kitchen or fridge for meat storage or preparation (here are plenty of restaurants providing great meat dishes).
Winter, however, is quite the opposite: Lefkada becomes a deserted place, most shops and cafes are closed, it's raining a lot and everything is for a lot of people incredibly boring.
Comfort and Luxury
Our house gets cleaned every other week by a professional cleaner.
Tourism and Leisure
From Saturday 2021
To Tuesday 2022
Registered since 08/11/2019