What personal data is being collected?
1/ The information you send directly to us
By using Nomador, you are required to send us information. This is particularly the case when you create a user account, when you post a listing, when you create a member profile or when you make contact via the site's contact form. This information contains the following data:
- The data needed to create a member profile: your first name, last name, date of birth, city of residence, profession or former profession, a photograph, phone number, personal introductory summary, languages spoken, as well as your preferred destinations, your months of availability, and your preferred types of pet, if you want to look after people's homes. Information about your last name, date of birth and phone number are never visible on the site. They are only visible to our teams. A summary of your profile can be seen on the site: photograph, age, city, personal introductory text, languages spoken, preferred destinations, months of availability, and preferred types of pets:
- either visible only to your contacts when you initiate or accept a discussion,
- or visible in the list of house-sitters. You have the option to remove your profile from the list visible on the site by going to the General Settings of your account and unticking the box "Have the option to be contacted by an owner".
- The data needed to contact the owner of a listing: at least one proof of address or proof of identity is compulsory. Downloaded documents are never visible on the site. Only the name of the documents that have been validated by our team will appear on your profile. As soon as a document relating to your identity has been validated or rejected by our team, it is automatically erased from our servers.
2/ The information the we collect automatically
When you use Nomador, information is collected gradually as you browse the site:
- A copy of all your discussions with other members. These discussions are found in your email space. They are visible only by the contacts with whom you are communicating and by the Nomador moderators to allow them to intervene, in particular:
- in case of notification of a non-compliance with our Terms and Conditions,
- for fraud prevention purposes, for verification of our members' compliance with our Terms and Conditions, or for user support.
- A copy of badges awarded by members when an actual stay is involved, as well as recommendations (or refusal of recommendations). Members' feedback is visible on your member profile.
- The history of payments made to subscribe to the Confidence Option can be found on the "Subscription" tab of your personal account. Transactions are carried out through an international secure payment platform (Stripe), which acts as an intermediary between our users and their banks: we do not collect any banking information, including information relating to your bank card.
- When you are signed in, we collect information about the pages you visit on the site, the devices you use to sign in, and your IP addresses. Among the technologies we use to collect this information are Cookies.
- We collect information about your use of our Platform (such as your date of registration, the history of listings published or stays, your response rate to applications, feedback received, etc.) which may be displayed on your member profile or in your listings.
Why do we collect this personal data?
The email address is collected for the creation of a user account, for the sending of information emails and notifications (applications, new messages), as well as for the Newsletter.
Identity and proofs of identity are collected to allow Nomador moderators to ensure, as far as possible, the quality of the registrations on the site.
The photograph, the presentation text, languages spoken, preferred destinations, preferred types of pets, and months of availability are collected to enable the building of members' profiles and to promote connections between users of the site.
The feedback (badges and references posted by users) is collected to help users to build links of trust and in their selection of stays and/or house-sitters.
How is your personal data protected?
We apply the internal and technological security measures necessary to ensure that your data is not lost, misappropriated, accessed or disclosed to third parties - except at the request of a judicial authority, the police or any authority authorised by the law.
Downloading your information or proofs of identity to our servers is protected by a secure connection. All documents transmitted are examined individually by one of the site's moderators, then automatically deleted from our servers upon validation (or refusal of validation), carried out by the moderator. No proof of address or identity is kept and they are permanently erased.
Access to your user account is protected by your password. You are responsible for the confidentiality of the password you have chosen when you register on our platform, and you agree not to share it with anyone.
What is the storage period for your personal data?
Unless you request removal, we store your data for an indefinite period.
If you request the deletion of your account, its deletion (as well as that of all your data) will take effect within 24 hours, unless:
your account has been suspended or blocked. We then store your data for a period of 2 years to avoid any circumvention by you of the rules in effect on our platform,
a commitment has been made to another user of the site. We then reserve the time necessary to inform the other user of your request and the forthcoming deletion of your account.
Is your data shared with third parties?
We do not allow the transfer of your personal information to third parties, in particular for marketing purposes. Your names, first names, email addresses and contact addresses are never revealed. By way of derogation from this principle, your email address may, however, be disclosed to some of our partners for the sole purpose of excluding you from our retargeting campaigns (display of advertising banners on behalf of Nomador). For example, we may send Facebook a list of our members' email addresses so that Nomador's banner ads are not displayed on their Facebook pages.
However, as part of the use of our services, some of your information may be passed on to other members of our community or to privileged third parties.
For example, this is the case when our moderators add Member Profiles to the list of house-sitters visible on the site, and who can be contacted directly by owners. If your profile is added to this list, you will be notified by a specific email. You can decide at any time not to appear in this list by unticking the corresponding box in the General Settings of your account.
This is the case for some partners with whom we work closely, allowing them to pass on our listings to international house-sitters on their own websites (e.g. : Hecktictravels, HouseSittingWorld)
This is the case for some testimonials that we select to add to the list of testimonials visible on the site.
This is the case when we believe, in good faith, that we have to transmit your details to a member, if a review of your discussions proves that you had made a commitment, or at the request of a judicial authority, the police or any other authority empowered by law.
This is the case in the context of targeted advertising on some of our social networks (for example, Nomador's Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram accounts), on which we post some of the listings published on our platform.
What is a Cookie?
To collect information and facilitate your navigation on the site (for example, to identify your password and allow you to access your account, to store your preferences, etc.). These cookies are essential to the use of your account.
To improve our services (for example, to carry out audience metrics such as number of visits to the site, number of page views, user activity and frequency of return, including the services of Google Analytics. These cookies only enable the establishment of statistical studies on the traffic of Users on our platform, and their results are completely anonymous.
For our advertising campaigns on third party sites (for example, to remember a visit to our site to advertise on Facebook, or for retargeting campaigns).
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You can go to your account at any time to update your information and preferences and to change the settings of your account.
You may withdraw your consent to receive our Newsletters at any time:
- by unticking the box in your account settings,
- by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each of our Newsletters,
- or by contacting us via Nomador's Contact Form.
In accordance with current regulations, users of our platform have the following rights:
- Right of access: you can access your data to modify it or to request a copy of your personal information.
- Right of rectification: you can ask Nomador to correct inaccurate information on its database.
- Right of deletion: you can request the deletion of your Personal Data - however, we may retain certain information about you when we have a legitimate reason to do so (see above Storage period for personal data).
- Right of opposition: you can oppose the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes at any time.
- Right to restriction of processing: you can request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Right to portability: you can only obtain the personal data that you have provided to us or to another data controller, in a structured, commonly used and computer-readable format, where this is technically possible. If you have any questions about your personal data, you can contact us via the Contact Form available at the bottom of each page of the platform.