Protecting your home when you’re not there
Home-sitting is a great way to protect his home during his absence!
Owners seek house-sitters for several reasons:
- To look after pets
- To care for home and garden
- To protect the property by making sure there’s someone there
It’s a fact that in summer, when burglaries are most frequent, houses that are lived in are less vulnerable. It’s a fact that having a house-sitter helps avoid serious damage from unforeseen events—from water leaks to electrical faults.
Why does house-sitting protect your home?
- Lights being on show that someone’s at home.
- House-sitters occupy the property. Cars are on the move and visibly change places, mail is retrieved from the letter box, washing dries outside and the garden is tended.
- House-sitters switch on the burglar alarm before leaving and ensure it’s in working order (home owners can give their house-sitters’ mobile numbers to their surveillance company).
- House-sitters are poised to take action in the event of electrical faults, storm damage and other unpredictable events.
- If any damage does occur, its effects can be dealt with promptly and the house-sitter can inform the home owner and even alert the insurance company.
- House-sitters can even take incoming telephone calls to show that the house isn’t empty!